Vol Par Effraction / Cambriolage / Break-ins / breaking and entering / Housebreaking / Burglaries / Home Invasion / Introduction par Effraction
Contact us Or CALL: 514-836-9097 24/7
SERRURIER MONTREAL | MONTREAL LOCKSMITH
Pick tools, or any other tool used to open doors is illegal
COMMERCIAL AND RESIDENTIAL BREAK-INS
Shay Serrurier Montréal a’ Ville Saint-Laurent – Shay Montréal Locksmith in Ville Saint-Laurent
Residential door break-ins damages.
Commercial full window door break-ins damages.
European Style Door
France French Style Door
In case you been a victim of break-ins burglaries, there are 1 possible reason why, your locks, since you didn’t install any security on your door many thief’s will take advantage of it and Break-ins / breaking and entering your store or home, many break-ins happens to be in commercial side since commercial doors comes with cheap security it is easy to break-ins, to maximize security call us to install the maximum security We’ve been called to many break-ins location in Montréal, Laval, Longueuil.
More that 75% of Home invasion/Break-ins are from kicking in a door (and it only takes 10 seconds).
More that 90% of Commercial invasion/Break-ins are from unprotected cylinder in a door (and it only takes 10 seconds).
Residential: To maximize your protection when installing new door make sure to get good quality solid door and to add extra protection commercial metal frame instead of wood.
Taken from Montreal Police website with added more security notes.
BREAK-INS IN MONTREAL, LAVAL ET LONGUEUIL
A break-ins is when the thief illegally enters a home or business and steals property.
- Make sure the doors to your business has light.
- Avoid having bushes, trees and fences around the entry way: they may provide hiding places for thieves.
- MOST IMPORTANT for business, You must install alarm system which cost between $15-$30 a month ADD extra that alarm company will send their patrol car quickly to your store and will wait until police arrival. They are your most important tool to advise you of break-in in seconds. Install Wireless alarm DVACS SUR-GARD in case thieves will cut your telephone line outside, alarm will be disconnected immediately.
- Keep cash registered OPEN at night.
- Make sure if your on high busy street like ste-catherine to cover the code when you enter peoples who passes by can see you typing the alarm code. It happened already when theft passed by and stopped to see the code when employee entered.
- Install a vandal-proof video surveillance system. Camera system with zoom-in to face otherwise in court it will be easier for judge to indentify the thief. if your cameras are too far thieves can get away in court by saying its not them and judge will be on their side.
- Add Security protection plate that cover the cylinder lock also protect the space between door as shown on picture. or Minimum protection ring for cylinder. If your commercial door look like that you must install protection.
- Many thefts do not play around with locksmith tools to open door locks, They Break-ins / breaking and entering / Force-in your store or home quickly. So sometimes high security lock for commercial side is not necessarily helping, but for homes high security lock is necessary! There are 2 kind of locks Commercial / Residential.
- Do not use tinted windows, which darken the inside of the business.
- Make sure the windows are not blocked, to allow visibility from outside. A business plastered with posters and signs is more vulnerable to theft.
- Keep your lighting system in good repair.
- Keep the light inside of your business at night.
- Install security doors and windows.
- Install a security system to alert the neighbourhood of intruders.
- Business Insurance, Sometimes to make a claim on a low value theft isn’t worth to claim, Claim are worth to fill up only if its the first time or high valued claim.
- Police will ask you if you have insurance, If you don’t have security camera, Police could not do anything, just do the statistics how many Break-ins / breaking and entering in your neighbourhood.
- When Calling police please be patient they may come after a few hours, thefts are not a priority. unless thieves are in your store or home.
- Make sure the street address is clearly visible in the front and back of your building.
- Make sure you keep track of the keys you give to your employees.
- Read the brochure Are your valuables safe? (format PDF). It will help you identify vulnerabilities and take steps to resolve them. The officers at your neighbourhood police station can help you for free!
- Join Opération BIC (format PDF) to mark and inventory your assets
- Home/House Break-ins / breaking and entering, There is not much security if you have wooden frame, to be maximum security your frame has to be metal. We can add Wrap around security plate with Medeco deadbolt to maximize your home security.
- If you are robbed, call 9-1-1 immediately. If you witness the theft, describe the thief and the thief’s escape route.